Transportation Projects & Studies
StanCOG participates in a wide range of regional and project-level planning activities. In conjunction with other Regional Transportation Planning Agencies, Caltrans, and the local jurisdictions, StanCOG participates as a member of Project Development Teams and Steering Committees that work towards improving transportation and mobility in the region.
The State Route (SR)132 East/West corridor serves as a major access route for an increasing number of central valley commuters traveling to work in and around Modesto as well as a major truck route. Motorists are experiencing a high level of congestion due to the limitations of the existing facilities, as well as an increase in interregional commuter and truck traffic.
This project is a collaborative effort managed by StanCOG. Because this is a State highway, Caltrans serves as the lead agency under the California Environmental Quality Act and National Environmental Policy Act. Caltrans and StanCOG are working in cooperation with the City of Modesto, Stanislaus County, and the California Department of Toxic Substances Control.
- The project will improve connectivity for SR 132 and SR 99 through the congested downtown area of the City of Modesto.
- The project will have significant cost savings by making use of the existing corridor right-of-way purchased by the State for this project in the late 1950s.
- Project construction phasing is proposed to provide system improvements as funding allows.
Project Fact Sheet
Completion of each project phase will improve regional and interregional circulation, provide congestion relief, enhance safety and improve operations for SR 132 and SR 99, and will provide a much-needed east-west freeway/expressway in Modesto.
SR 132 is a main east-west corridor in Stanislaus County and the central valley. It provides an interregional connection between Tracy and Modesto, serves as a connecting link between major freeway routes Interstate 580 (I-580), I-5, and SR 99, and is a major truck route from Modesto to the Livermore Valley and the Bay Area.
Studies & Reports
Caltrans Modesto Soil Stockpile Information
- Caltrans Modesto Stockpile Site
- State Route 132 West Expressway Project Department of Toxic Substance Control Groundwater Monitoring Report
- Audiencia Publica 22 de Febrero de 2017 (PDF)
- Boletin Informativo Junio 2014 (PDF)
- Final South County Corridor Feasibility Study Report (PDF)
- How to Provide Comments (PDF)
- Newsletter June 2014 (PDF)
- Presentation to Policy Board January 26, 2017 (PDF)
- Public Hearing February 22, 2017 (PDF)
- Public Information Meeting August 18, 2014 (PDF)
- Public Notice (PDF)
- SR-99 Business Plan Update 2019 Volume 1 (PDF)
- SR-99 Business Plan Update 2019 Volume 2 (PDF)
- State Route (SR) 132 West Project Fact Sheet January 2017 (PDF)
- State Route 132 West Freeway/ Expressway Project Draft Environmental Impact Report Environmental Assessment and Draft Final (PDF)