The Stanislaus Council of Governments (StanCOG) is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in the conduct of its business, including its Title VI responsibilities, and to the delivery of equitable and accessible transportation services. Any person who believes that he or she has been subjected to discrimination under Title VI on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender, or disability may file a Title VI complaint with StanCOG within 180 days from the date of the alleged discrimination.
Filing a Title VI Complaint with STANCOG
If you have a Title VI complaint, the following Title VI Complaint Form may be obtained and completed electronically via the following link:
Title VI Complaint Form – English Language
Title VI Complaint Form – Spanish Language
Complaint forms may be submitted to StanCOG via the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Complaint forms may also be filed with StanCOG in writing and sent to the following address:
Stanislaus Council of Governments
Attn: Title VI Coordinator
1111 I Street, Suite 308
Modesto, CA 95354
What Happens to My Title VI Complaint to StanCOG?
Once a complaint is received, it will be assigned to an investigator. In instances where additional information is needed, the investigator will contact the complainant by phone or in writing.
Failure of the complainant to provide the requested information by a certain date may result in the administrative closure of the complaint or a delay in complaint resolution.
Based upon receipt of all the information required, StanCOG will investigate a Title VI complaint within 90 days of receipt. StanCOG will use its best efforts to respond to a Title VI complaint within 90 calendar days of its receipt of such complaint. Receipt of additional relevant information and/or simultaneous filing of a complaint with StanCOG and an external entity may extend the timing of the complaint resolution.
Title VI Policy Statement
It is the policy of the Stanislaus Council of Governments that no person shall be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination in any County program, service, or activity on the grounds of race, color, national origin, age, or disability. The Stanislaus Council of Governments also requires its contractors and grantees to comply with this policy.
La polÃtica del Consejo de Gobierno de Stanislaus dicta que a ninguna persona se le puede negar el beneficio o el acceso a programas, servicios o actividades del Condado basado en su raza, color, origen nacional, edad o incapacidad. El Consejo de Gobierno de Stanislaus tambiÃ©n exige a sus contratistas y concesionarios cumplir con esta polÃtica.
Toward this end, it is StanCOG’s objective to:
- Ensure that the level and quality of transportation service is provided without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, or disability;
- Identify and address, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic effects of programs and activities on minority populations and low-income populations;
- Promote the full and fair participation of all affected populations in transportation decision making;
- Prevent the denial, reduction, or delay in benefits related to programs and activities that benefit minority populations or low-income populations; and
- Ensure meaningful access to programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency (LEP).
The Executive Director, management, and all employees share the responsibility for carrying out StanCOG's commitment to Title VI compliance. The Title VI staff is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the program and receives and investigates Title VI complaints that come through the complaint procedures process.
- 2020 Title VI Compliance Report
- Informe 2020 de Conformidad con el Título VI
- 2020 Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Plan
- Plan para Residentes con Dominio Limitado del Idioma (LEP), 2020
If you have any questions regarding Title VI or require assistance filling out the Title VI Complaint form, please contact StanCOG at (209) 525-4600.