Non-Motorized Transportation Plan
The Non-Motorized Transportation Plan is a countywide document intended to guide efforts to improve bicycling and walking conditions at the local level across the Stanislaus region.
Non-Motorized Transportation Plan Documents
- Draft Non-Motorized Transportation Plan -December 2020
- Draft Final Non-Motorized Transportation Plan – January 2021
- Please send comments regarding the NMTP to Isael Ojeda, Senior Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stanislaus Council of Governments (StanCOG) is updating its Non-Motorized Transportation Plan for the Stanislaus region. The Plan will set goals, assess existing conditions, and identify opportunities to improve non-motorized travel options and increase access to public transportation with opportunities for public and stakeholder input throughout the process. It will identify priority bicycle and pedestrian facilities that enhance regional connectivity and existing barriers such as railways, freeways, and waterways.
The update will build upon the 2013 Non-Motorized Transportation Master Plan and will support the StanCOG’s 2018 Regional Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategies. This Plan will help identify and align new walking and bicycling projects with local, state, and federal funding sources to help make Stanislaus communities more competitive for future funding!
What is the Purpose of the Plan Update?
StanCOG is preparing the Plan update effort to accomplish the following:
- Reduce congestion and vehicle miles traveled to lower greenhouse gas emissions and improve regional air quality.
- Enhance opportunities for walking, bicycling, and other forms of non-motorized transportation.
- Increase access to public transportation.
- Develop a non-motorized transportation network that focuses on equity and inclusivity to address the region’s unique needs.
- Make the Stanislaus region more competitive for statewide grant funding opportunities.
- Email Us
Questions? Please reach out to Isael Ojeda, Senior Planner, at email@example.com
- Social Media
Stay up-to-date by following StanCOG on Facebook.